Last year we had our first Meetup on 26 March and squeezed in 39 of them before the end of the year… basically we had one a week except Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years.
The Russian has made it clear to me that if I try that again this year, the Ukraine gets it. So we sat down this morning and ironed out a schedule that we can all live with and also preserves the national integrity of the Baltic states.
We still have to create calendar events beyond RVM #51, but this year we will hold Meetups every Thursday night EXCEPT for the following dates:
- 2021-03-04: International Women’s Day. I know it’s a Communist holiday. Russian women don’t care, and they are not kidding around.
- 2021-05-06: Mothers Day. Somebody is trying to tell me something.
- 2021-06-03: Because.
- 2021-07-01: Independence Day Weekend. I thought it might be fun to do an I-Day special. Overruled.
- 2021-08-26: Making space for a trip back to CONUS!
- 2021-09-03: Labor Day Weekend. Getting out of Dodge.
- 2021-09-30: Her birthday weekend. Second only to Международный Женский День.
- 2021-11-25: Thanksgiving. Falls on a Thursday again this year, go figure.
- 2021-12-23: Christmas. Does not fall on a Thursday this year, but I am told this is now our annual vacation.
- 2021-12-30: New Years Eve. Ditto.